Touched By The Son
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Sunday, March 12, 2017
So we know we can't buy shares in a private company, that only limited members can invest.
The company structure, though, is similar
- Chairman of Cargill is Gregory R Page, CEO and President is Dave MacLennan
- Cargill has fifty seven and a half billion dollars in assets
- Market value of Koch Industries places it among the largest family-owned companies in the world
- Albertsons has equity of $12.4 billion
- Dell shareholders voted to turn the company private
- Pricewaterhousecoopers securities
- Deloitte share price
- Mars had revenue in 2014 of $33 billion
- Employee-owned grocery chain Publix Super Markets pays dividends
- A warrant for Bechtel
- C&S Wholesale Grocers derivatives
- Ernst & Young talk debentures, call and put options
- Reyes Holdings has 10,000-25,000 employees
- H.E. Butt Grocery liabilities
- Pilot Flying J bonds
- Enterprise Holdings fund
- Cox Enterprises trust
- Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits Business Partner eXchange
- Cumberland Gulf Group index
Friday, March 10, 2017
Limited Lie Ability
Thursday, March 02, 2017
Present company excepted
You can grow Brazil nuts, sell bonbons, fix brake pads and not qualify as a company or feature on an index. The world of small business does deal with promissory notes but they are the ones taking the risk by declaring that they will pay back the loan within a certain time. Nothing to trouble the markets.
Just as there are private companies whose progress isn't tracked so there is a world of folk warily wandering into degrees of commerce, often without a degree in commerce. They have stalls at the market or share some space or they work in their garage.
For all these folks, as well as the PAYE workers, there is not the capacity or the infrastructure to form a company and float it. This doesn't stop them trading. Nor does it make it of much interest to them whether a company has a president or not.
How many sole traders are there? Who are the most successful owner-operators? Perhaps this is an area of curiosity since it does help keep a competitive edge, emulating others.