Tuesday, October 31, 2017

immerse in eCommerce

When I saw Amazon was listed as E-Commerce rather than online shopping; ranked though it is one position below Taobao in popular websites, I wondered what the difference must be. I've been sat here two whole years and I can't tell you that much. I don't know about you but every time I look up the best of e-commerce or the biggest in e-commerce I see those well canvassed culprits staring back at me so let's move on.

If it's true that the largest e-merchants emanating from the US are such big names as Amazon, Apple, and Walmart, and that Australia pulls its weight with Kogan, Temple & Webster, Catch of the Day, The Iconic, JB Hi-Fi, Booktopia, Red Balloon, Lorna Jane and Dan Murphy's [Dick Smith was on this list but went under], eCommerce is as much about being a platform for sellers as a wholesale or retail site itself.

While this blog has never been about huckstering, there's little question that e-commerce here is meant to consider the vendor who uses a platform to sell their wares. This original from Inc. is worth reading in full since these are sites with some interesting ideas
  1.  Shopify
  2. BigCommerce
  3. Magento
  4. YoKart
  5. Big Cartel






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home