Sunday, May 04, 2014

Ur ban(e)

The thirty seven million people in Tokyo is a sizeable population by any measure. I'm trying to comprehend a city ten times the size of the one I move through. An urban population that outstrips that of countries.

All the cities on the post have populations of over twenty million people. Imagine the infrastructure; the plumbing, the power supply

I was fifteen when I was in Jakarta last so I can't sensibly give insight into this city but nearly twenty seven million people can.

It was the first time I'd heard of the couplings of a couple of these cities, or the alternate names.

I think people are vaguely aware that there is an Old Delhi but it doesn't get as much mention despite its dimension.

New York City has been mythologised to within an inch of its life but we don't hear as much from Karachi. Lo, those who dwell in Valley of Mexico.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home