Saturday, October 13, 2012

Where did we get two?

Where were you in '62? I was a zygote and a foetus and then I was born. Being born late in the year has its own set of shared stories but I'm not interested in them at the moment. October? Apart from it being hijacked by promoters and called Rocktober, a disease that quickly spread to the other twelve months, if often in the guise of good will and causes. Spring is a wonderful season as even non-Spring born will agree.

I share the same birth year as Spider-Man and the Hulk, which may explain why they've always had such an important part in my life.

In 1972  I had adjusted my athletics approach and was long since passed that first hesitant run when I was six, that won me just the runner-up. I was used to being champion. Visitors from distant towns would ask me if I was that fast kid.

In 1982 I was in one of the best stages of my life, living in a sharehouse after being in boarding houses and such. Doing all the wonderful things in adulthood for the first time.

In 1992 I had lived the coolest part of my life and was now well into fatherhood and being a public servant. I was plugging away at my hobbies but hadn't hit my stride. I sang in our lounge room while Steve played guitar for my thirtieth and the childminding couple were there. The children were four and two.

In 2002 I had teenagers on my hands - on the weekend. I was still renting. I was still ranting. I got another permanent job (the last one being back in mail room/registry like where I started my working life; good thing I left) and still hold down that role. I did sod all for my fortieth.


1 Comments:

At 4:48 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thx for your post, I really enjoy your blog. Long time lurker, first time commenter, you know the drill. I tried to share this one time before, I don’t think it posted correctly…hopefully it will this time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home