Monday, August 14, 2006

Saving faith

I can hear a dim distant rumbling of discontent: is this another one of those sites that tries to relegate religion to oblivion - and raise oblivion to be the realised religion? No, there are some religions I like.

I think Buddhism has a great deal to recommend it. In fact, most of the Oriental faiths are sturdy, practical, unobtrusive, gentle, and wise. I'm not sure why we chose to embrace the cranky desert religions instead. Perhaps it was an occident of history.

As for myself, while I think the world of the rationalist and free thinker is best when apprehending philosophical concepts that can be generally applied, I am nominally a pagan. I believe in Magick.

3 Comments:

At 5:23 am , Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

you think and believe much as i do. : )

 
At 9:05 am , Blogger Berko Wills said...

That's very good to know, Sherry. I used to think I was 'different', but I guess New Age thinking is not a world different than mine - just dearer and with more dolphins.

But, yes, considering my belief set wasn't informed by a need to fit in or belong, it is still somehow comforting to have a kindred spirit :-)

 
At 9:00 am , Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

my beliefs are much older than new age and yet newer than old. they evolve and live and embrace as i learn. that's why i just say i'm eclectic. i am in most ways and not in others. part of my "charms" ( she wrote while giggling )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home