Sunday, December 18, 2005

Overegging him on

I wouldn't have thought that a poetry message group could generate heat the way it does but it keep things interesting. The funny thing when an interloper crashes in on the fun and starts causing trouble, there are a world of poets waiting to pounce and oust.

If the pen is mightier than the sword then the word wide web of words is more powerful still.

The latest little scrape about a self-congratulatory and hyperpromotional poet whose work seemed as overblown as his reuputation inspired this piece of peace

Over egging Him On

What if the once patient prince had to say
I dislike your disposition; you'd best be on your way
Would you put that in your reported poetry
How would it vary your verity
Now let me see your long list of me me me
But of all the memes of e
This one I'd like to see

3 Comments:

At 9:57 am , Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, hey at least no one was telling him he f'ing sucked yaddayadda, i recall a time when the crits were enough to either make the poet in question jump off of a bridge or push someone else off! i just wish i had a little teeny bit of that man's self esteem! ; )
oh my we poets are something else at times, smiling, sherry

 
At 10:56 am , Blogger Berko Wills said...

The crits have been pretty spot on at the ol' PK with very little animosity being brought to bear. It's only when someone comes on cussing and swearing at everyone before they've even properly introduced themselves that they get shot down in flames. And fair enough.
Though I suppose I have been bagged out over a couple of pieces. Luckily I've always got plenty more where that came from.

He has plenty of self esteem that's true but I suppose what irks is that really talented poets often hide their light under a bushel, or just don't know how to promote themselves, and then some pushy hack vaults over them. I know that feeling well and have been spluttering over lazy crap lyrics for thirty years or so (yes even well before I could pen decent ones myself!)

cheers, Grant

 
At 7:21 am , Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi grant! yep i've sadly seen times when it was so, that pushy self promoting people or people with connections became well known and well thought of when in truth, they were quite ordinary.
i read their works and wonder why and honestly at times i wonder why not me? that is until it just gets me to thinking that "not me" may just well be because i am not good and that they must be and i just can't see it because i am not as well versed as i should be. ah well, enjoy your holidays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home