Friday, August 19, 2005

Challenging the Orthodoxy

Religiosity is religiously pursued, dogma dogs our trail, we eventually evaluate evangelism and proselytise our way to priesthood; have our way as hooded priests.

That's what you'd get if I HAD made this a poetic blog. I don't know whether I can date my interest in verse both light and dark to a show called 'Rambling With Renny' which would come on the car radio as Dad was driving me home for school holidays. John Renny had this clever and surprisingly rare (although not everyone has our gift)segment which comprised his telling of the day's events in rhyming couplets and ending with the inevitable droll punchline.

I wasn't writing anything worth a tinker's cuss in them days so listening to someone else doing it was the next best thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home