'04 pity's sake
At the end of a year where fanatical scum thought cutting people's heads off was once again a way to prove a point (whereas all it proved was that they hadn't made their way out of the Dark Ages yet and isn't it time they did so), and the middle class of the Coalition of the Willing [to proceed with an illegal war] thought that it was okay to re-elect liars and failures in the War on Terror, it is sobering to realise that Nature still outstrips us in the scope of its destruction. In centuries past you would have heard the medicine man or village wisewoman inform us that the gods were angry with our conduct.
the second DIB quiz - now the Touched By The Season quiz:
- Accused of salting his people's money away in Swiss accounts, the tabloids dubbed the late Yasser Arafat what nickname?
- With the slackers being steamrolled in their choice for Pres by the holy rollers, we've missed a potential headline: Kerry and Sharon in talks. Who is Kerry and who is Sharon?
- 2004 was dubbed the 'year of the [what kind of film]:
a)B movie, b)musical, c)documentary, or d)disaster flick?
- What was Ray Charles' real name?
- "I coulda been a contender. I coulda been someone..." Who, and in which film?
- Who released an album called My Prerogative?
That's not ten questions but I'll never post this otherwise. Let's face it, a year as bad as this from both manmade and natural disasters, is hard to get positive and excited about.